Inventions are made when people are being creative. The more creative we are, the easier we find it to solve problems, keep going when we get stuck, or just simply have more fun!
There are ways you can train yourself to think more creatively and over time the more you practice being creative the more naturally it will come to you. The best way to start boosting your creativity is to get into the habit of asking yourself different types of questions. These questions will make you look at things differently and get you to think about things from a new perspective.
Here is a list of some examples to give you some ideas. You can swap your own ideas for the ones shown in the brackets:
- How many different ways could I (work out this maths puzzle) ?
- How could I make a (rocket) out of (these pots from the recycling bin) ?
- I wonder what (my dog is thinking) when (he wags his tail) ?
- What would be the most exciting thing about (living underwater) ?
- What would I do if I had (a superpower) ?
- What could I use this (empty cardboard box) for?
- How would it feel to be able to (fly) ?
- What’s a different way of (getting ready in the morning) ?
- What would it be like if my (football) was a person? What would its name be? What would it say and do?