#mybrilliantbrain Competition Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set out the terms governing the MY BRILLIANT BRAIN. The promoter of the Competition is Brilliant Publishing Limited. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them before submitting your entry for the Competition.
Brilliant Publishing Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11069297. Our registered address is Little Kimble House, 167-169 Great Portland St, London, United Kingdom, W1W 5PF.
By submitting an entry to the Competition, you are agreeing to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact Us at email@example.com. Please note that We reserve the right to refuse entry or refuse to award a prize to anyone who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Closing Date”||means the closing date of the Prize Draw, as set out in Clause 3;|
|“Draw Date”||means the date on which the winner[s] will be chosen, as set out in Clause 5;|
|“Opening Date”||means the opening date of the Prize Draw, as set out in Clause 3;|
|“Competition”||means My Brilliant Brain; and|
|“We / Us / Our”||means Brilliant Publishing Ltd, whose details are provided above.|
Competition Entry Rules
- The Competition is open to all UK residents, subject to the following exceptions.
- The following may not enter the Prize Draw:
- Our employees or their families; and/or
- Our agents, subcontractors, and any other third parties involved in or directly associated with the running of the Prize Draw.
- Only one entry per Person is permitted.
Opening and Closing Date
- The Opening Date of the Competition is 9am on [X].
- The Closing Date of the Competition is 9am on [X]..
- Entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid, accepted, or considered.
How to Enter the Competition
- Competition entries are free to Brilliant Brainz subscribers with an active subscription in [X] 2021. No purchase is necessary.
- To submit your entry to the Competition:
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the following details: A picture or video entitled ‘My Brilliant Brain’
- Please note that We do not accept any responsibility for any entries which are not successfully completed (e.g. lost or delayed) due to technical faults (including, but not limited to, hardware, software, and network faults) or for entries which We do not receive.
- 1 Winner will be judged and selected by a panel including the Brilliant Brainz editor and an independent person within 7 days of the Closing Date.
- The Prizes will be as follows:
- 1 winning entry will be featured in Brilliant Brainz magazine, on brilliantbrainz.com and our online social media channels. The winner will also receive a year’s subscription to Brilliant Brainz magazine, which can be gifted or used to renew their current subscription when it has ended
- 10 runner up entries will receive [X].
- Winners will be notified by telephone AND/OR email (using the details provided in their entry) within 14 days after the Draw Date.
- If a winner does not respond to Us within 7 days of being notified, their prize will be forfeited, and We shall be entitled to select another winner using the process set out above.
- The winner will receive their prize as an online code (that they can use to start or renew their 12 month subscription)
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferrable. No cash alternative is offered. We reserve the right to substitute a prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond Our control make it necessary for Us to do so.
- Our decision regarding any aspect of the Competition is binding and final. We will not enter into any correspondence about the decision.
- We are required to publish or otherwise make available information which indicates that a valid award has taken place. The surname and county of major prize winners (and, where applicable, copies of winning entries) will be provided are available from Us by:
- Writing to Us at Brilliant Brainz, Little Kimble House, 167-169 Great Portland St, London, United Kingdom, W1W 5PF, enclosing a self-addressed envelope; or
- Sending an email to Us at email@example.com;
within 28 days after the Closing Date.
- If you object to any of your information, as set out above in sub-Clause 5.8, being published or otherwise made available, please contact Us by post at Brilliant Brainz, Little Kimble House, 167-169 Great Portland St, London, United Kingdom, W1W 5PF, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that We are still required to provide such information and winning entries to the Advertising Standards Authority on their request.
- We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion if it becomes necessary for us to do so.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and co-operate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant grants Us a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes your legal rights as a consumer. For more information on your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Trading Standards Office or Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes Our liability (or that of Our agents or distributors, or that of their employees) for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other form of liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- To the extent permitted by law, and subject to sub-Clauses 6.1 and 6.2, We (and Our agents and distributors) shall not be responsible or liable to compensate any winner and shall not accept any liability for any loss, damage, death, or personal injury, as a result of accepting a prize.
Privacy and Personal Data
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, the Prize Draw, and the relationship between Us and you (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings, or claim between Us and you relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Prize Draw, or to the relationship between Us and you (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, or Scotland, as determined by your residency.