Christmas is a time for celebration, and what better way to celebrate than with some fun holiday games? If you’re looking for ideas to keep the kids entertained during the holiday season, here are ten Christmas games that children ages 6 to 12 are sure to love.
“Pin the Nose on Rudolph” – This classic party game gets a holiday twist with a festive twist. To play, hang a large poster of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on the wall and provide each player with a red nose cutout and a blindfold. Players take turns trying to “pin” the nose on Rudolph’s face while blindfolded. The player who gets the closest to the correct spot wins.
- “Christmas Charades” – This classic party game is always a hit, and it’s easy to adapt for the holiday season. Write down a list of Christmas-themed words or phrases, such as “Jingle Bells,” “Santa’s Workshop,” or “Fruitcake,” and place them in a hat. Players take turns drawing a word and acting it out without speaking, while the rest of the group tries to guess what they are.
- “Gift Wrap Relay” – Divide players into teams and set up a race course using rolls of wrapping paper, scissors, and tape. At the starting line, place a small, unwrapped gift. When the race begins, the first player on each team must wrap the gift as quickly as possible and then pass it to the next player, who must unwrap it and pass it back to the first player. The first team to successfully wrap and unwrap the gift wins.
- “Santa’s Sleigh” – In this game, one player is “Santa” and the rest are his helpers. Santa sits in a chair with a list and pen, while the helpers take turns sitting on his lap and telling him what they would like for Christmas. Santa must try to remember each gift request and write it down on his list. At the end of the game, Santa can read back the list to see how many gifts he was able to remember.
- “Christmas Carol Karaoke” – Set up a karaoke machine or use a smartphone app and have players take turns singing their favorite Christmas carols. Encourage players to get into the holiday spirit by dressing up in ugly Christmas sweaters or elf costumes.
“Guess the Gift” – This is a fun and suspenseful game that’s perfect for younger children. Wrap a small gift and have players take turns feeling it through the wrapping paper and trying to guess what it is. The player who guesses correctly gets to keep the gift.
- “Build a Gingerbread House” – This is a classic holiday activity that kids of all ages will enjoy. Provide pre-made gingerbread house kits or make your own gingerbread and decorations and have players work in teams to build the most creative and festive houses.
- “Reindeer Games” – Get in the holiday spirit with a variety of reindeer-themed games. Some ideas include “Reindeer Ring Toss,” “Reindeer Red Light, Green Light,” and “Reindeer Hot Potato.”
- “Santa’s Scavenger Hunt” – Create a list of holiday-themed items, such as a candy cane, a red and green ornament, or a Santa hat, and have players search for them around the house or neighborhood. The first player to find all of the items on the list wins.
- “Candy Cane Hunt” – This game is a fun and festive way to get kids moving. Hide small candy canes around the house or yard and have players search for them. The player who finds the most wins a prize. To make the game more challenging, you can set a time limit or add clues to help players find the candy canes.
Overall, these ten Christmas games are sure to keep children ages 6 to 12 entertained and in the holiday spirit. Whether you’re looking for active games to get kids moving or more low-key activities that everyone can enjoy, there’s something on this list for everyone. So get ready to have some fun and spread some holiday cheer with these festive games!
For a bumper dose of ‘edutainment’ every month, be sure to grab your kids a subscription to top children’s magazine, BRILLIANT BRAINZ! Each issue is packed full of fun activities and creative challenges to bring out the best in your child! Delivered to their doormat every month!